What happened to the Microsoft Blueprints project on codeplex?

May 6, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Edited May 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Hi,
A few weeks ago I downloaded a CTP version of the Microsoft Blueprint Manager from http://www.codeplex.com/blueprints. But right now, this link is not available anymore. MSDN articles are still referring to it.. Has Microsoft discontinued developemnt of MS Blueprints?

Thanks,
Bert-Jan
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Hi,

in short - I have no idea. I was really surprised to hear that the codeplex project has been pulled - it was news to me! I've send a couple of emails to Michael Leyman - the guy in charge of the project - asking what the roadmap is and when we could expect the next release (as I had raised a large number of bugs) - but have had no replies at all. I'll see if I can get any more info.

Regards,

Howard
May 18, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Any word on this?  I heard there was a reorg and the people on this project were pulled into patterns & practices (a good thing!), but I can't find out what happened to Blueprints.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I heard the same. I've asked a few people and none have come back with a comment. I'm waiting for people to catch up on mail after TechEd - and will post anything as soon as I hear. I really hope it isn't dead in the water.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Blueprints RIP (for the time being anyhow)

:(

http://blogs.msdn.com/mglehman/archive/2009/05/27/update-on-microsoft-blueprints.aspx

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Too bad.

Thanks for the update.

Bert-Jan

Bert-Jan Lappenschaar
IS&D Utrecht / Credit Risk IT
Senior Developer

From: HowardvanRooijen [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:45 AM
To: Lappenschaar, BJ (Bert-Jan)
Subject: Re: What happened to the Microsoft Blueprints project on codeplex? [blueprintscontrib:55455]

Blueprints RIP (for the time being anyhow)

:(

http://blogs.msdn.com/mglehman/archive/2009/05/27/update-on-microsoft-blueprints.aspx

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blueprintscontrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blueprintscontrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation to treat.